A Love Letter to the Alexander McQueen Skull Scarf

For the past several years, as a patron of fashion, I have fawned, pondered, been entranced over the iconic Alexander McQueen scarf -...



For the past several years, as a patron of fashion, I have fawned, pondered, been entranced over the iconic Alexander McQueen scarf - its versatility, its ability to transcend different classes of fashion and its instantaneous signature effect on any outfit.  How a rectangle of gorgeously patterned silk chiffon can beautifully drape over everything from clean white tees, leather jackets to wooly sweaters is simply beyond me.

Autumns and winters passed by and I could never come to terms to purchase the McQueen scarf over favourites like a Burberry wool scarf or a cashmere scarf that you would wear to death.  But I bit the dust, and coincidentally right before the new designs by Damien Hirst.  And while I do look forward to the designs, I can't help but feel I nagged a piece of history. An investment piece with infinite payoff. As I notice the individual minute details of the pattern, I become totally enamoured all over again.

Being so emboldened by my purchase, I paired the scarf with the reddest lipstick I owned.

JACKET | Michael Kors (old) | SWEATER | Abercrombie | SCARF | Alexander McQueen | JEANS | J Brand | BOOTS | Tory Burch | WATCH | Vintage | BRACELETS | Little Burgundy, Links of London | LIPSTICK | Ruby Woo


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images